Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 4 13 4:51 PM

Tags : :

I'm cross-posting today's mailing list message to the forum in case there are those who participated on the forum that aren't subscribed to our mailing list.

###

Feedersketchers!

The time has come to say thank you.  Thank you for your participation in our project, whether you joined us on the forum and posted frequently, or if you joined us in spirit as you sketched birds from your home.  We hope you found the project relevant and meaningful.

To that end, we'd love to know more about your experience. Regardless of how much you participated in PFW: Sketch or for how long, we'd like you to fill out the following survey and let us know what you thought.

Through the course of our eight-week project, we created 820 posts on the PFW: Sketch forum and uploaded 386 sketches of birds. Thanks to everyone for your contributions and if you want to follow up with questions, thoughts, feedback or sketches, you are always welcome to do so at feedersketch@lifeandscience.org.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 4 13 10:36 PM

Thank you right back Enjoyed it very much.  Ginny H. 

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

lyn

superstar

#2 [url]

Feb 7 13 6:11 PM

Thanks for the opportunity to participate. The curriculum was logical, the work was structured but also self-directed. The discussions were helpful and supportive, just like the basis of this forum.

I take a weekly pottery class and use porcelain clay. My latest projects are decorated with black-capped chickadees....they are being glaze fired today.....can't wait to see them at the next class.
This is the first time I have done any figurative work on my projects...thanks to feederSketch !!!

Suburban yard with trees & shrubs, New Brunswick, Canada

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 7 13 7:09 PM

Wow Lyn that sounds great I hope you will share some photo's with us.  I am proud of the work I did with Sketch. I may frame some.   ginny h.  

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 7 13 9:45 PM

Lyn, that sounds awesome!!  You have to post pics!!!

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   

lyn

superstar

#6 [url]

Feb 11 13 6:45 PM

Later tonight.......photos are still in the camera  and I'm on my way out. 

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 11 13 11:03 PM

That's really nice artwork lyn! I would have bought one if I saw it in the store. :)

Foothills of sunny S. California. Backyard is adjacent to a hillside of thickets, shrubs, and trees. Sunflower hearts, seed cakes, suet, nectar, grubs & birdbath

Quote    Reply   

barbk

fanatic

#10 [url]

Feb 12 13 2:21 AM

Thanks for showing your vases, Lyn.   You do such beautiful work. 

Barbara, Jersey shore, backyard 1/4 acre with mostly oak trees. 6 feeders, suet, and 2 bird baths.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Feb 12 13 8:30 AM

Just beautiful, lyn!!

SE IL, 3A yard full of nuts, fruits, berries, seeds, cones for birds; 14A woods, creek and 10A mowed farmland. Over 50 feeders/ feeding stations in coldest of winter. Certified wildlife habitat since 2004.  Dust bath and three brushpiles.

Quote    Reply   

bella39

superstar

#12 [url]

Feb 12 13 12:56 PM

These are just beautiful lyn! I am with lisaqk, I would buy one if I saw it in a store.  Great work!

bella Extreme North Central NJ. Mixed Deciduous and Coniferous forested area. Seasonal brook and wet lands, close by local lakes and State Park. 4 Feeders

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 12 13 10:45 PM

Lovely vases, Lyn!!  Awesome that you could do that with glazing!! 

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 13 13 1:12 AM

OMG they are beautiful  love the blue  and so sweet.  What a keepsake of your sketch class.  Ginny H.  

Quote    Reply   

maryf

fanatic

#15 [url]

Feb 13 13 9:37 AM

Beautiful, lyn! You do great work! I'd buy 'em in a second!

Mary Watkins urban backyard in SW New Jersey with forest field, farm, river, lake and marsh within 3 miles

Quote    Reply   

lyn

superstar

#17 [url]

Feb 14 13 8:05 AM

Thanks everyone for all your kind  comments. And thanks to all the folks at PWF Sketch for your guidance and encouragement!  I've started preliminary work on the next bird vase :)

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 28 13 1:34 PM

Lyn when you work up to a tea pot I'm buying.  Not that I would not be interested in the vase also.  So pretty and calming to look at.  Nice talent.  ginny h. 

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May 16 13 1:53 PM

Hi everyone! 

The PFW: Sketch team just met in Cleveland at the Great Lakes Science Center this week to look at the sketches from our winter project. We posted them all around the room and talked about our memories from the project and started working on distilling what we learned from our experience so that we can share it with the informal science education field.

I thought you might like to see a few photos from the meeting...

The whole team: 

The room with all the sketches: 

And me beside one of hutchgigi's first drawings and my drawing to her when she couldn't find her colored pencils.

It was awesome to see all the sketches up like that -- I wish each of you who participated could have been there!

Beck

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

May 16 13 4:01 PM

Enjoyed your info., pics., and sketches, maybe someday I'll have the courage to join in the drawings.  I am thinking about purchasing a book about sketching birds, any suggestions would be much appreciated, my drawings would be that of a beginner.

luv2bird

2 Sunflower Hearts Auto Feeders,  1 Shelled Peanut Feeder,  2 Sunflower/ woodpecker Mix Platform Feeders,  4 Hanging Bell Seed Feeders,  1 Hanging "bell type" Roasted Mealworm Feeder,  1 unshelled Peanut Platform Feeder,  2 Mixed Bird Seed feeders,  2 Thistle Feeders,  2 Ground Feeders with Corn and a Critter Seed Block,  2 Corn Cob Feeders,  1 Brush Pile
/LandlockedS.W. PA./Sugar/Red Maple//Pines/Rose of Sharons/Allegheny/Downy Serviceberry/Hawthorns/2Burning bushes w berries   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help