Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 4 12 7:13 PM

Tags : :

Each week, we'll host a raffle or contest for a prize.  This past week, for every sketch uploaded, a participants name was entered into the hat. The prize for this raffle is a Rite in the Rain Birder's Journal Kit and non-photo blue pencil.  And the winner is... (watch on YouTube if you're having trouble on the PFW forum.)

Congrats to our winner! I'll follow up about shipping details over email.  

Be sure to upload your sketches this week (every sketch gets your name in the hat again).  We'll be giving away a copy of the excellent John Muir Laws' book, The Laws Guide to Drawing Birds, which many of our activities were inspired by.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 5 12 4:10 PM

whoot whoot!!!  Congrats! 

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 6 12 1:06 PM

Congratulations Fredz   .  That was cute and exciting to watch good way to go Beck.   It has been fun just wish I had more time which i hope to get more organized in weeks to come.  Thanks ginny H.  

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 7 12 5:02 PM

I thought of you yesterday while I was trying to keep track of counts in the rain, Fred!  Coulda used one of those pens!  And some waterproof paper!!

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 11 12 3:29 PM

It's time to announce week two's winner for our sketch raffle.  This week's prize is a copy of John Muir Laws' book, The Laws Guide to Drawing Birds. And the winner is... (watch it on YouTube if you're having trouble viewing the video on the PFW forum.)

Congrats!  I'll follow up with you for shipping information via private message.  Next week's raffle will be for a handmade wicker bird house from the Philippines and a hand carved wooden hummingbird. Pictures attached below.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 11 12 4:44 PM

I cannot imagine  what has happened to this forum that I'm having so much trouble with it.

A few weeks ago, a member posted a short video and I could never see it.

Last week's winner in the Sketch drawing...same song and dance..I could not see anything...had to wait to read what others posted about it to see who won.

This week's winner, same thing...nothing shows up, ever.

The whole PFW season, I've battled being able to copy/paste my weekly bird counts results.  This is my 17th year of PFW and I like to post my counts.  I've never had a problem doing copy/paste from my Data Entry list just before I click Submit to Cornell.  This year every week has been a battle.  Twice this past Sun., I tried to post my counts and both posts got marked as SPAM and they have never shown up yet...it said it could take several days or even weeks for the administrator to verify they were OK to post.  A couple of weeks ago, I was typing a post in reply to a member's comments re my PFW count totals and it got marked as SPAM and all it had was talk of cardinals and habitat.

I have the same computer I've had since July 2006 and nothing has changed on my end at all...nothing.  I'd appreciate someone looking into this mess and getting it resolved.  I know others have had a battle getting their PFW counts info to post on the forum this fall.

Many thanks for any assistance with this pesky problem.  It's just too frustrating to even participate in the discussions when we hit Submit and we get a notice we have to prove we are human and we get out replies tagged as SPAM.

SE IL, 3A yard full of nuts, fruits, berries, seeds, cones for birds; 14A woods, creek and 10A mowed farmland. Over 50 feeders/ feeding stations in coldest of winter. Certified wildlife habitat since 2004.  Dust bath and three brushpiles.

Quote    Reply   

lyn

superstar

#8 [url]

Dec 11 12 5:09 PM

No problems here viewing the videos........congratulations to Fred and this week's winner (I won't spoil the surprise)........after reading the preview pages of John Muir Laws' book last night I put it at the top of my Santa List !!!

Suburban yard with trees & shrubs, New Brunswick, Canada

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 12 12 12:47 AM

Congrats to this week's winner!! 

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 12 12 12:57 AM

I have not had a problem viewing the video's.  I did have a bit of trouble where my photo's would not load past 99 percent and were a loss.  as was the paragraph that went with them.  ginny H.  

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Dec 12 12 6:05 PM

@birdnutz99 - Sorry to hear you're having troubles.  I think that sometimes the software that PFW uses has glitches beyond PFW's control.  But, I have added links to each of the videos in the post and will do so from now on in case you continue to have the problem.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck with the data upload issues.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Dec 15 12 12:32 AM

Congrats Fred! I love Rite in the Rain products and use them for my field work for my research. Great prizes!

In Ashland, OH. No feeders (boo starlings and house sparrows) but near a small creek, nice mix of trees in area but hardly any flowering plants. Most gardens decorated with shrubs.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 17 12 6:19 PM

It's time to announce week three's winner for our sketch raffle.  This week's prize is a handmade wicker bird house from the Philippines and a hand carved wooden hummingbird (photos above).  And the winner is...  (watch it on YouTube if you're having trouble viewing the video on the PFW forum.)

Congrats!  I'll follow up with you for shipping information via private message.  Next week's raffle will be for a Tom Bihn Field Journal Notebook.  Thanks to a very generous donation from the folks at Tom Bihn, we have two of these to give away and so if you don't win this week, maybe you'll get another chance before the project is over.  Every sketch uploaded this week will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win. 

Quote    Reply   

lyn

superstar

#14 [url]

Dec 18 12 4:20 PM

Thanks feederSketch raffle !

I look forward to hanging the basket in the yard, and the hummingbird on our Christmas tree. We decorate the tree with mementoes from our travels and adventures !

The bird house will be a welcome addition to my collection of native American hand woven baskets. 

Suburban yard with trees & shrubs, New Brunswick, Canada

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 18 12 5:38 PM

That's awesome, lyn!  Congrats!!! 

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 27 12 5:52 PM

It's time to announce week four's winner for our sketch raffle.  This week's prize is a Tom Bihn Field Journal Notebook.  And the winner is...  (watch it on YouTube if you're having trouble viewing the video on the PFW forum.)

Congrats!  I'll follow up with you for shipping information via private message. Next week's prize will be a copy of Field Notes on Science and Nature.  Every sketch uploaded this week will be entered into the drawing for a chance to win.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Dec 27 12 6:57 PM

That was really nice.  I watched with my kids.  (31 and 27)  Moms never stop calling them kids.  That is a beautiful gift to win.  Thank you so much.  Look forward to receiving it.  ginny H> 

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Dec 27 12 8:10 PM

Congratulations, Ginny!! 

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 1 13 9:59 PM

I received my package on new year eve.  Been sick but looking forward to using it.  Thank you so much.  ginny H.  

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 2 13 2:45 PM

Hi guys,  been trying to share the photo of what i drew last week but scanner says not connecting to either computer.  But I did take a photo of the gift i won and it is factastic.  Love it.  Ginny H.  

Click here to view the attachment
Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help