Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jan 16 13 6:54 PM

Wow.  are you using yellow paper to start?  Ginny H

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Jan 20 13 5:21 PM

Great technique, aallan!  Love your pigeon! 

Beck, if I could change one thing about my set up here it would be to get the feeders in easy view from the house.  We have to keep the feeders outside the dog yards (our dogs will make themselves sick "cleaning up" under the feeders....sigh) so they're a good 65 feet from the windows.  Likely I won't be able to comfortably sketch from life until it warms up in spring!  Mostly this winter I've been using pics, of which I luckily have a great many, being a photog addict!  LOL

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jan 22 13 12:26 AM

Yes Hazel,  I had a dog get ahold of suet that a racoon took down and i was unaware it was on the ground. She was so sick being a small dog.  the cage was in the brush and she was licking at it for a few days.  Suet and dogs not a good mix.  I keep a close eye on my dogs and my suet.  it was scary.  Ginny H. 

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jan 22 13 2:19 PM

For those of you who used ink pens, can you make suggestions on the most useful nib sizes?  I have a koh-i-noor .35 and thought maybe I'd try a .5?  Does it pay to go any larger than that?  What are your favorite sizes?

Ours get sick from eating the sunflower shells, too, Ginny.  Thankfully, they've never gotten into suet!  O.O

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help