Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Jan 16 13 8:13 PM

@hutchgigi - Now that you've drawn a hand turkey, try drawing a turkey from a photo! I'd love to see how it turns out.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Jan 17 13 2:02 AM

I am enjoying having my color pencils back.  Did a hummingbird before bed.  They call this one white throat and i was worried that part would not show along with the white belly but the photo made it come out better then i can see it on the original paper. 

@Beck remembered to take a few shots of quilt.  which is now 8 years old.  Been through the wash at least 16 times.  Gets used a lot.  Also one photo of my dad quilt.  I hope your mom can do one for you.  Enjoy Ginny H.  

Click here to view the attachment

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

Jan 17 13 2:14 AM

I decided since finding my pencils to color in my rooster which i copied from the tile on my napkin holder on the kitchen table.  Gave him some life.  Love Roosters, love them so much i had a girl paint one on my kitchen tiles in my house of 3 years ago.  Had her copy the scene on our plates, which also have rooster.  Needless to say at that time I never though of doing it myself.  So I am patting myself on the back.  It may have been 8 weeks but I have learned and done a lot i never would have attempted if not for this couse.  Thanks guys. ginny H.  

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Jan 17 13 2:18 AM

@Julia, plenty in my yard from time to time which i have photo's of.  have a cute one eating out of a cup and saucer whcih i kept seed in.  I also came across the tile the girl painted before it was put up on the wall to match my dishes.  Ginny H.  

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Jan 17 13 2:20 AM

Sorry did not see what was in front of the tile,  lol  a turkey cooked.  sorry.    I know a few of you may appreciate a photo of the turkey carved and just the bones. lol  Good night ginny h.  

Quote    Reply   

#86 [url]

Jan 17 13 10:13 AM

@aallan & @jameswilson -- You two make me wonder what if we combined the tracing paper activity with this idea of drawing a composite bird? I'm imagining picking a certain kind of bird and adding to it every time we see a new one at the feeder -- adding new sheets of tracing paper as necessary.  I may give it a try.

p/s. I agree w/Abbi about your cardinal from memory, James.  Reminds me of Gary Larson.

Quote    Reply   

#87 [url]

Jan 17 13 2:50 PM

Beautiful quilts, @hutchgigi! And that's such a great idea to use a t-shirt maker to get drawings on fabric. I'll mention that to my mom. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#92 [url]

Jan 21 13 3:48 PM

Beck Now days most embrodery places will do transfers for you.  Ginny H.  

Quote    Reply   

#93 [url]

Jan 21 13 3:52 PM

Margaret, I was amazed by the flicker again today.  He was eating when the Blue Jays were also at the tray feeder and he is double the size of the blue jays.  I was not aware of this.  Took a lot of photo's of him today.  Will try and sketch tonight we have a cold front coming in and my back is having trouble sitting to type.  Thanks for drawing the flicker.  ginny H..  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help