Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 17 12 6:16 PM

omd, I'd be so thrilled with Bohemian waxwings in the yard that I'd forget to sketch!!  LOL  Very cool, Lyn!

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 17 12 11:37 PM

LUcky Lyn,  I was just noticing that I have not had my cedar wax wings yet this year.  I usually see them the first of dec.  I did see a few on my conn trip but not in my own yard here in jersey.  During my count I finally saw a few blue birds but mr hawk showed up..  I wonder if he is keeping them away or the fact that the trees with the berries got chopped in half by sandy and not offering as many berries.  :(  .   So Gad you got to have bohemians come visit you and draw them.  Ginny H>  

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

lyn

superstar

#45 [url]

Dec 18 12 7:35 PM

If I hadn't been sketching I probably would have gone outdoors with my camera to get closer to the waxwings......but I probably wouldn't have 'seen' as much with the camera in my face.

Suburban yard with trees & shrubs, New Brunswick, Canada

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Dec 19 12 2:43 PM

I tried some color today and even though I was doing from a photo and bird watching the Cardinal came so may times I had to add him into it.  He went a lot easier then the RWBB.  The more I did the worse he got. I had a yellow highlighter that is old and not working right.  Ginny H. 

Click here to view the attachment

Ocean Co. South NJ Walled patio 10 Crape Myrtle, Pine forest and bushes oak cherry lawn pond. one seed feeder, one suet, 4 hummingbird feeders, one sock.

Quote    Reply   

lyn

superstar

#47 [url]

Dec 19 12 4:01 PM

The colors look very descriptive Ginny. The highlighter might be disappointing on your original but it looks just right on my screen.
And I agree with you about the challenge of figuring out when to STOP adding to a sketch !!!

How wonderful to have Mr Cardinal visit.....I am waiting for that day since they are occcasional visitors here. A friend saw one last week about 10 miles away during the CBC....so I am ever hopeful !!!

Suburban yard with trees & shrubs, New Brunswick, Canada

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Dec 19 12 5:04 PM

They look good to me, too, Ginny!! 

West central WI in a large tract of county forest with a 20-acre woodland wetland just to the south. 
BOSS, sunflower hearts, nyjer, suet, dried meal worms (all year); nectar and grape jelly (spring thru fall).

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Dec 19 12 7:34 PM

Thanks guys and I agree they look better on here I almost passed them not knowing they were mine saying someone else did a rwbb.  lol   the goofs do not show as much.  Ginny h. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Jan 13 13 2:23 PM

Some sketches of a few of my visitors from last week. Mostly Cardinals. Also a sparrow, nuthatch, goldfinch, and an attempt at sketching a deer I saw in the bit of woods behind the fence.

Small backyard near Chesapeake Bay deciduous trees, shrubs, brush piles 4 feeders (BOSS, Nyjer, peanuts, fruit/nut/seed mixture) and suet 2 birdbaths (1 heated)

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 14 13 4:14 PM

@james Love your feedersketch and wonder where you started and ended in the process. I like how some things turn into others and it reminds me a little of @aallan's sketch where one thing works off another.  How was the experience different from when you drew the same scene earlier in the project?

Beck

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jan 15 13 9:39 AM

Thanks Beck. I believe I started with the deer and went clockwise from there. The only difference in the experience that I can think of is that this time around I had more practice at drawing birds as opposed to going in completely fresh the first time. It still felt about the same though. Just trying to capture as much as I can on paper before it flies away.

Also, thanks for linking to that sketch by aallan. What a great piece!

Small backyard near Chesapeake Bay deciduous trees, shrubs, brush piles 4 feeders (BOSS, Nyjer, peanuts, fruit/nut/seed mixture) and suet 2 birdbaths (1 heated)

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jan 16 13 6:26 PM

Pigions and starling one of every bird in shakespear.  Glad that was not an extra cheese pizza.  Ginny H.  

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jan 20 13 4:26 PM

glecker, your birds are awesome, but your dog is spectacular!!!  Ha!!!  I love him (her?)!! 

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jan 21 13 3:02 PM

Hazelrunmama,

I'll forward your compliments to Chester, my cocker spaniel.  After his grooming yesterday, his coat is much less shaggy, and also no longer matted.  He modeled so well because he was exhausted after playing with his pals at the boarding kennel during my vacation this past week.

Greg; Mpls, MN
Urban back yard with red and white cedars, pagoda dogwoods

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help